High Octane Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Octane Wrestling

Wrestling in the Fast Lane!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hank Gently

'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently Empty
PostSubject: 'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently   'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:36 pm

(Note: I'd like this intro to double as my RP for the major show, week one... let me know if ya need me to post it in both sections, or if it'll do just here...)

(The lights dim in the arena, and the 'Tron crackles to life as the crowd quiets down.)

(A video starts up, panning the plains of Arizona, while a narrator speaks with a slow, southern drawl in the background.)

Narrator: Tombstone, Arizona. One last bastion of true, old-time Americana. A living throw-back to a bygone age in the U.S. of A.

(Bits of tumbleweed roll over barren dunes of sand; what look like never-ending fields full of cattle are being rounded-up by cowboys on horseback...)

Narrator: It's a landscape and lifestyle that breeds "tough". Forces men to grow up strong - hard-workin', and hard-willed.

(Various clips are montaged together: of farmhands slogging haybails into the backs of trucks; ranchhands hog-tying huge pigs; men chopping chords of wood; basically, lots of different snips of various back-breaking labours.)

Narrator: But even in a town like Tombstone, where every man looks cut from granite, their hearts moulded just as hard and strong, one rises above...

(The shot cuts to a tight, close-up shot of dark leather, and it quickly becomes apparent we're looking at the back of someone wearing a long, weathered jacket, slowly walking away from the camera. The song "Highwayman" by The Highwaymen starts up feintly as the figure gently meanders towards a very bright light in the distance, turning him into a sillouette with the appearance of a bright halo surrounding his body.)

(As the music gets louder, it becomes apparent in the arena that the tune is now playing live in the building... a spotlight suddenly shines brightly towards the entrance curtains, and 'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently brushes them aside, and strolls confidently into the spotlight to the cheers and whistles of the fans. After eating up the accolades for a few moments, Hank reaches back through the curtains, and brings his hand back holding a rope. As he slowly wanders towards the ring, he gently tugs on the rope, motioning with his head as if beckoning something behind the curtain. He gives a final, big tug, and a large, reddish-brown and white Hereford Bull, with big eyes and a huge cowbell hanging from the rope around his neck, follows Hank from behind the scenes. Hank waves to the crowd, letting kids reach over and pet his Bull as he slowly makes his way to the ring. Finally, Hank gets to the squared-circle, ties his Bull to the near ringpost, and motions for a microphone as he steps into the ring, and his music fades out...)

Hank Gently: Howdy, ya'll! (big cheer) Well shucks, it's mighty good tah see all y'all to!

(Hank strolls 'round the ring, drinking in the atmosphere.)

Hank Gently: When the ol' "Dubya Oh Tee Em" wen' outta business thar followin' last season, Ol' Hank was lef' with a choice tah make. Go after the stinkin' Demon that went an' made mah life there miserable fer four weeks... or let things go, let the past be the past, leave bygones bein' bygones - an' come here... to tha "Haitch Oh Dubya".

(The crowd cheers, because obviously, the decision has been made...)

Hank Gently: So yup, here Ah am! But Ah ain't come alone, oh no, not this time. See, Ah learned over thar in the "Dubya Oh Tee Em" that Ah can't have eyes in the back o' mah head. An' that's why ol' Eddy's gonna be over there in mah corner each an' every night out, from here on out! (Hank motions towards the large, confused-looking Bull at ringide.)

Hank Gently: That thar Bull has done saved mah life on more 'an one 'ccasion out on the range - Ah jus' know he'll take good care of Ol' Hank here to, Ain't that right, thar, Eddy? Awwww, he's a good boy! Yes y'are, yer a good boy, Eddy - ain't he good, folks? (The crowd give their approval, as Hank makes silly faces towards his new friend.)

Hank Gently: To all them boys in the back - Kids, git yerselves ready, Ol' Hank's here to take care o' business, no messin'. Ah'm jus' itchin' tah send ya'll down them Dusty Trails, Round ya Up, one, two, three, leave ya starin' up at them lights. Ah smell a lotta evil 'round these parts - let me tell ya, that ain't Ol' Hank's way, nosir. Ol' Hank don't do things like that. Ol' Hank does the right thing, 'cause it's the right thing tah do. (The fans ring out more cheers, as Hank tips his hat and tosses the microphone towards the timekeeper's table, and his music fades in. Hank climbs out of the ring, down the steps, unties Eddy, and the two of them make their way back up the ramp and out of sight.)
Back to top Go down
Dallas Luck

PostSubject: Re: 'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently   'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Great avatar in the game, btw. I wish I had thought of adding a championship belt and a different background back when I made mine.
Back to top Go down
Edgar Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently   'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

Nice Gimmick! Welcome to High Octane Wrestling. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently   'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Highway Cowboy' Hank Gently
Page 1 of 1