High Octane Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Octane Wrestling

Wrestling in the Fast Lane!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Cards for Season Two

Go down 
+2
Angadialas
Hank Gently
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hank Gently

New Cards for Season Two Empty
PostSubject: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Hey Hey... so I did this up as a potential new card for Season Two... I'll be very blunt about this - I'm not opening myself up here for a bunch of redesign work, cuz frankly I do enough of that all week for paying customers. Very Happy

Having said that, I do welcome criticism and feedback, and I will probably go back to the drawing board to make some adjustments before it's the 'final version' and I start making everyone else's.

And now, the first-draft of our new Fed Cards...

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Background Colour...   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Before anyone else mentions it, the white edge you can see as the background is something I'd like to eliminate, but that isn't possible without knowing for sure what the background is going to look like - it's an easy fix though, once it's been settled.
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Oh, yeah - forgive me, I'm a moron - the reason I started posting, was to invite anyone who hasn't yet to upload a pic for your rassler. Very Happy

If you can't find what you're looking for, let me know that too, and I'll give it a shot finding/making something you like - that won't take me more than an hour!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Angadialas

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:21 am

wow 3 posts ina row Smile

I don't really feel this new design, I liked old one better.
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Not to be all defensive an' stuff, but could you perhaps be a little more specific? Smile
Back to top Go down
RickWilde

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm not hugely in to the colour scheme, but I really like the layout. And like you said, when the whites gone I think it'll be awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Angadialas

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm

The color, it seems so hmm pale and not really attractive tone of red. Also the card as a whole feels quite plain to me when I think HOW I think Agressive I mean a great lion RAAAAAAAW! and when I look at this one i hear a kittens "mew".
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm

That's what I'm talkin' about! Very Happy

Gotcha, more lion, less kitty... keep suggestions comin', I'll have the revised look up by the weekend - we'll get it there, not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Luck

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 am

I like that it looks and it shaped like an actual "card", and I really like the lettering on the name. The rest, I agree is kind of missing something.
Back to top Go down
Angadialas

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:47 am

Cards that i helped with in another "Dead" federation Razz. Mainly someone proposed the frame and I decided to do some labor work.
New Cards for Season Two Angadialascard
New Cards for Season Two Dwkcard

The main "problem"is the frame really peoples graphics can be inserted easilly. Even with paint and the names here are acually from MSwrod WORDART, with holes filled with easy paint tools:P yes it was lazy and when you look up closely you can see it. But people eyes are lazy and make them belive that they see something good, also carss are in smaller format then here so usually it's harder to notice.
I had my time of study on computer graphics but wasn't able to have some advanced working experience with them so I didn't volounteer for the job, also I focus my energy currently on some other projects for the university but if you get the frame then I think 2-3 people could pitch in and we could do the labor work quite fast it's practicly copy paste job with some fillings then.
Back to top Go down
Adam Naughty

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:38 am

i think the border around the picture could do with some more designs. Love the style of the names, and the logo in the top left corner though
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Okay, here's the revised version. Smile

New Cards for Season Two REVISEDFEDCARD
Back to top Go down
Edgar Jackson

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:38 pm

That's smashing! Look's good to me. Definitely better than our old cards. However, I think there is something missing... and I can't get my head round it... I just don't know what it is but it seems as if something is lacking in your card. But it's definitely better than the old one so that's good.
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Can't deny it, I know exactly what you mean, but also have no idea what it actually is that's missing - I kinda wanted to watermark some blood drops or flames, or barbed-wire, into the foreground of the photos, but my Mac's having a hard time connecting to my wireless network today, so that's out (for now at least). I'd thought about flags for nationalities perhaps, or a box with 'TECH' or 'RESIS' for example... I like it, but I don't 'love' it.
Back to top Go down
RickWilde

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I like it.
Is it the finished product....perhaps not.
But its going great guns
and its WAY better than anything I could do.
How about a 'tale of the tape' kinda thing?
But I would not be unhappy if that was the design we stick with Smile
Back to top Go down
Hank Gently

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:17 am

Okay, final product, unless anyone can come back with something else info-wise that we absolutely need to have on there... I tinkered with some boxes, various shapes and opacities, trying height/weight, wrestler type, age, etc., but it didn't look quite right. This barbed wire behind the name, though, I quite liked. So this is it. Smile

New Cards for Season Two FINALFEDCARD
Back to top Go down
Dallas Luck

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 am

Maybe try it with the wrestler's picture centered within the card in the card instead of centered in the whole card? If that makes sense, lol. Not sure if it would look better or not. Might squeeze out the circles on the left though, you'd probably have to resize them.
Back to top Go down
Adam Naughty

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 am

i like it, but maybe taking the grey lines from the name again. Too much can be bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Cards for Season Two   New Cards for Season Two I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Cards for Season Two
Page 1 of 1